Many people have friends. CY is the first person who cared about me. She is a sanguine and phlegmatic person. As I often fail my Higher Chinese exams in primary five, and would cry and get upset over it, my classmates usually left me alone. She was different. Instead ignoring me like the rest, she comfort me and try ways to cheer me up even when I berate myself for being so useless that I can't even pass a paper. CY never left me out. On days that we stay back for remedial lessons when we were in primary six, we would play games together, after we complete our homework with other classmates She treated me quite well although I was not that close to her then. The group of us will usually play with the guys of our class in the assembly square or basketball court. On Fridays when I have my CCA, Guzheng, I would bring a basketball (but usually after CAs & SAs) to shoot hoops, and CY would often join me. Unlike me, CY is meticulous with her work. She hardly makes any careless mistakes in her school work or exam papers. She is quite good in her studies and always does well for exams.
As time elapse, the date she had to leave came closer. It was few months before PSLE, when the teacher announced that CY was back to Hong Kong to study. I then realised that I do not know her that well even after being classmates for one and a half year. After she went back, we started to keep in touch via e-mail. As I did not have an e-mail account then, I used my brother's e-mail account until my dad got me one later that year. Till today, I can still remember how I used to inundate her inbox with e-mails of what have happening in school and often about my feelings towards my classmates in school. I think these are all the past now. Even though I still miss her at times, but I no longer think of her as much as in the past. Now, I feel that I've got more courage to solve my problems and not to let the opinions of others affect me.
No comments:
Post a Comment